T H A N K S G I V I N G A F T E R M A S S
Canticle of the Three Children
Antiphon. Let us sing the hymn of the three children, which these holy ones sang of old in the fiery furnace, giving praise to the Lord (E. P. Alleluia).
1. Bless the Lord, all you works of the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.
2. Heavens, bless the Lord; angels of the Lord, bless the Lord.
3. All you waters that are above the heavens, bless the Lord, let all the powers bless the Lord.
4. Sun and moon bless the Lord; stars of heaven bless the Lord.
5. Every shower and dew, bless the Lord; all you winds, bless the Lord.
6. Fire and heat, bless the Lord; cold and heat, bless the Lord.
7. Dews and hoar frosts, bless the Lord; frost and cold, bless the Lord.
8. Ice and snow, bless the Lord; nights and days, bless the Lord.
9. Light and darkness, bless the Lord; lightnings and clouds, bless the Lord.
10. Let the earth bless the Lord; let it praise and exalt him above all forever.
11. Mountains and hills bless the Lord; everything growing from the earth, bless the Lord.
12. Seas and rivers, bless the Lord; fountains, bless the Lord.
13. Whales and all that move in the waters, bless the Lord; all you fowls of the air, bless the Lord
14. All you beasts and cattle bless the Lord; sons of men bless the Lord.
15. Israel bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.
16. Priests of the Lord, bless the Lord; servants of the Lord, bless the Lord.
17. Spirits and souls of the just, bless the Lord; holy men of humble heart, bless the Lord.
18. Ananias, Azarias and Misael, bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all for ever.
19. Let us bless the Father and the Son, with the Holy Spirit; let us praise and exalt him above all forever.
20. Blessed are you, Lord, in the firmament of heaven; and worthy of praise, and glorious above all forever.
1. Praise the Lord in his holy place, praise him in his mighty heavens.
2. Praise him for his powerful deeds, praise his surpassing greatness.
3. O praise him with sound of trumpet, praise him with lute and harp.
4. Praise him with timbrel and dance, praise him with strings and pipes.
5. O praise him with resounding cymbals, praise him with clashing of cymbals. Let everything that lives and that breathes give praise to the Lord.
6. Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
7. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Antiphon. Let us sing the hymn of the three children, which these holy ones sang of old in the fiery furnace, giving praise to the Lord. (E. P. Alleluia).
Everyone stands up and who leads the prayer says:
V/ . Lord, have mercy.
R/. Christ, have mercy. Lord, have mercy.
Our Father… (said by all silently)
V/ . And lead us not into temptation.
R/. But deliver us from evil.
V/ . Let all your works praise you, Lord.
R/. And let your Saints bless you.
V/ . Your saints shall rejoice in glory.
R/. They shall rejoice in their resting place.
V/ . Not unto us, Lord, not unto us.
R/. But unto your name give glory.
V/ . O Lord, hear my prayer.
R/. And let my cry come unto you.
V/ . The Lord be with you.
R/. And with your spirit.
V/ . Let us pray, O God, who did allay the flames of fire for three children, grant in your mercy that the flame of vice may not consume us your servants.
Direct, we beseech you, Lord, our actions by your inspirations, and further them by your assistance: that every word and work of ours may begin always from you and by you be likewise ended.
Quench in us, we beseech you, Lord, the flame of vice even as you did enable blessed Lawrence to overcome his fire of sufferings. Through Christ our Lord.
V I S I T T O T H E B L E S S E D S A C R A M E N T
Our Father… Hail Mary… Glory be…
Repeat three times followed by:
I wish, my Lord, to receive you with the purity, humility and devotion with which your most holy Mother received you, with the spirit and fervour of the saints.
A C T O F S O R R O W
O my God I am sorry that I have sinned against You, because you are so good. With your help I will not sin again. Amen.
P R A Y E R B E F O R E M E D I T A T I O N
My Lord and my God, I firmly believe that you are here, that you see me that you hear me. I adore you with profound reverence. I ask pardon for my sins and the grace to make this time of prayer fruitful. My immaculate Mother, St Joseph my father and lord, my guardian angel, intercede for me.
P R A Y E R A F T E R M E D I T A T I O N
I thank you my God for the good resolutions, affections and inspirations that you have communicated to me in this time of prayer. I ask your assistance in putting them into effect. My immaculate mother, St Joseph my father and lord, my guardian angel, intercede for me.
B E F O R E S P I R I T U A L R E A D I N G
Come, O Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your Love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created. And you shall renew the face of the earth.
A F T E R S P I R I T U A L R E A D I N G
We give you thanks, Almighty God, for these and all the gifts which we have received of your bounty. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
A N G E L U S
℣. The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary,
℟. And she conceived of the Holy Spirit.
℣. Behold the handmaid of the Lord.
℟. Be it done unto me according to thy word.
℣. And the Word was made flesh.
℟. And dwelt among us.
℣. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
℟. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray,
Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O LORD, Thy grace into our hearts; that, we, to whom the Incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection. Through the same Christ our Lord.
R E G I N A C O E L I
Queen of heaven, rejoice. Alleluia.
For He whom you did merit to bear, Alleluia.
Has risen as He said, Alleluia.
Pray for us to God, Alleluia.
V. Rejoice and be glad, O Virgin Mary, Alleluia.
R. For the Lord is truly risen, Alleluia.
Let us pray
O God, who gave joy to the world through the resurrection of Thy Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, grant we beseech Thee, that, through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, His Mother, we may attain the joys of everlasting life. Through the same Christ Our Lord.
G R A C E B E F O R E M E A L S
Make the Sign of the Cross
Bless us, O Lord, and these, Thy gifts, which we are about to receive from Thy bounty. Through Christ, our Lord. Amen.
G R A C E A F T E R M E A L S
We give Thee thanks, Almighty God, for all thy benefits, Who lives and reigns for ever and ever.